Leadership Loudoun Youth is a week-long leadership program designed to introduce youth to leadership concepts and to provide exposure and interaction with local business, government and community leaders. Youth spend productive and valuable time learning leadership skills in a classroom-type setting, but spend the majority of the week observing leadership in action with local business, government and community leaders. The program is coordinated in partnership with Leadership Loudoun. The program is open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors who live in Loudoun County. Classes are limited to 25 youth per week to encourage team building and provide a genuine experience in a small group setting.
The week’s activities include:
- 3-hr workshop exploring leadership skills, communication styles, and high-performance teams
- an overnight stay on Monday night with group social interaction
- a guided high ropes course experience
- shared experiences and success stories from local leaders
- keynote presentations on making a difference from community and foundation leaders
- public speaking and interviewing classes
- site visits to a cross-section of culture, business, government, agriculture and technology in Loudoun County
Youth who participate in the program have the opportunity to:
- develop valuable leadership skills
- interact with local government and business leaders
- observe the qualities of communication, teamwork and
leadership at work in their environment
- learn more about the Loudoun community, our rural and suburban areas, our heritage and current economy
- gain insight into the issues and challenges facing the county
- achieve an enhanced sense of self and the impact one can have on the community
- gain confidence in communication and public speaking
- learn more ways to be involved and make a difference
- gain new friends and connections
In the summer of 2014 we are offering two 1 week classes: July 14-18 and August 4-8. Tuition is $400 for the week and includes:
- the overnight
- the high ropes course team building experience
- dinner on Monday night
- breakfast on Tuesday morning
- lunch Tuesday through Friday
- snacks throughout the week
- all course materials
The application process for 2014 classes will begin April 1, 2014. Please subscriber to our newsletter for notification:
A limited number of needs-based scholarships are available.
Would you like to volunteer? Applications are being accepted for youth interns and adult volunteers.
Find out more about supporting this great program as a Sponsor.