Leadership Loudoun Youth is a week-long leadership program designed to introduce youth to leadership concepts, as well as expose them to local business, government and community leaders. Youth spend some time learning leadership skills in a classroom-type setting, but spend the majority of the week visiting business and community leaders. The program is coordinated in partnership with Leadership Loudoun. The program is open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors who live in Loudoun County. Classes are limited to 25 youth per week to encourage team building and provide a genuine experiences in a small group setting. The week’s activities include:
- an overnight stay on Monday night
- a high ropes course experience
- leadership skills development
- site visits to local businesses and government agencies around the county
Youth who participate in the program have the opportunity to:
- develop valuable leadership skills
- interact with local government and business leaders
- learn more about the Loudoun community, including both our rural and suburban areas
- gain insight into the issues and challenges facing the county
- achieve an enhanced sense of self and the impact one can have on the community
- become aware of the outlets available for “getting involved” after the program
Applications for the 2013 class are now open. Apply here.
In the summer of 2013 we are offering two 1 week classes: July 15-19 and August 5-9. Tuition is $400 for the week and includes:
- the overnight
- the high ropes course team building experience
- dinner on Monday night
- breakfast on Tuesday morning
- lunch Tuesday through Friday
- snacks throughout the week
- all course materials
Needs-based scholarships are available.
Would you like to volunteer? Applications are being accepted for youth interns and adult volunteers.
Find out more about supporting this great program as a Sponsor.