Loudoun Youth Leadership Program
Loudoun Youth Leadership Program is a week-long leadership program designed to introduce youth to leadership concepts and to provide exposure and interaction with local business, government and community leaders. Youth spend productive and valuable time learning leadership skills in a classroom-type setting, but spend the majority of the week observing leadership in action with local business, government and community leaders. The program is open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors who live in Loudoun County. Classes are limited to 25 youth per week to encourage team building and provide a genuine experience in a small group setting.
July 10-14, 2017 and July 31 – Aug. 4 Applications are now closed for the 2017 summer sessions. Applicants, check your email for notification.
Tuition for 2017 is $450/student. Tuition payments and registration confirmations must be received by May 5, 2017 for both classes.
Scholarships are available based on need with references. 2017 Scholarship Application
You may send your payment by check along with your required permission forms or PAY HERE by Paypal or Credit/Debit Card. Please add the student name to the instructions section of the payment form. Thank You!
Family Members are invited to join the Graduation Ceremony and Lunch. The Lunch Fee for each family member is $20. Make your PAYMENT HERE for family lunches.
This program is for youth who want to expand their comfort zone and gain confidence in leadership as well as those who think they have it all figured out. You will be surprised! What to expect from Loudoun Youth Leadership Program:
The week’s activities include:
- 3-hr workshop exploring leadership skills, communication styles, and high-performance teams
- an overnight stay on Monday night with group social interaction
- a guided ropes course and team building experience
- networking and direct interaction with business, civic, cultural and government leaders
- shared experiences and success stories from Loudoun’s visionaries
- keynote presentations on making a difference from community and foundation leaders
- public speaking and interviewing classes
- exercises in effective communication, goal-setting, and the responsibilities of citizenship
- site visits to a cross-section of culture, business, government, agriculture and technology in Loudoun County
Youth who participate in the program have the opportunity to:
- develop valuable leadership skills
- interact with local government and business leaders
- observe the qualities of communication, teamwork and
leadership at work in their environment
- understand the difference between leadership and power
- learn more about the Loudoun community, our rural and suburban areas, our heritage and current economy
- gain insight into the issues and challenges facing the county
- achieve an enhanced sense of self and the impact one can have on the community
- gain confidence in communication and public speaking
- learn more ways to be involved and make a difference
- gain new friends and connections
- visit unexpected places
Would you like to volunteer? Youth Interns are needed to help organize the week.
Adult volunteers are needed for course preparation and as chaperones. Call 703 431-1033.
Find out more about supporting this great program as a Sponsor.